Government College Pattoki or Municipal College of Pattoki is located in Pattoki, Punjab, Pakistan, 78 km from Lahore. The college was founded in 1965 with classes held in the Zail Ghar; after two years the college moved to the present campus. The college was nationalized in 1972, by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. It is affiliated with Board Of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Lahore and University of the Punjab.
The College is divided into these blocks:
- Chaaghi Block
This is a new block which was built in 1998 in order to overcome the ever growing needs of students. It is named after Chaagi, where Pakistan tested its atomic powers. In this block BA classes are held. This block is also housing MA classes from 2009.
- Science Block: This block houses the science departments of the college. The departments are; Department Of Physics, Department Of Chemistry, Department Of Mathematics, Department Of Statistics. The Laboratories of these departments are well equipped. It also house the Vice-Principal’s Office.
- Admin Block: This is a two storyed block that has class rooms for FA. It also has a hall which is used for Examinations.
- Computer Centre: This block was formed in 2000, in order to get students familiar with Information Technology.
- Rana Hayat Block: This block has the office of conroller examinations. It also houses the offices of the chairpersons of Education and Urdu departments.
The college has a well-equipped library, having a vast range of books on all subjects. It was deterioated in past years due to lack of staff. But know it is well-furnished & organized. It offers a great stock of books especially on the subjects of Islamic Studies and Urdu Literature. The college library provides two English and four Urdu daily newspapers to the students. It remains open even in summer holidays for the benefit of both teachers and students.
As most of the students are Muslims in 2006 a mosque has been build for Islamic activities. Earlier the students and teachers had to go out of the college campus to meet with their religious offerings. This mosque has solved this long-standimg problem. It is beautifully furnished mosque, four toilets have also been built with it. It is open even after College timings.
The college is very famous for keeping high standards in Sports & other competitions at the national level. In literary circle this college has good fame. It has won several awards at National Level in speeches, poetry, naats etc. From last two years the college students are getting top positions ai athletics, especially in long race and high jump. The hardwork and commitment of Professor Shahnawaz Sidhu cannot be denied in this regard, who has single handedly made these achievements possible.
It is an annual digest of the college which is remarkable in true sense of the word. It is highly acclaimed for its creative writings. In 2000, it stood second in a competition which was conducted by The Daily Jung.
Bazam e Ilam-o-Irfan
Bazam e Ilam-o-Irfan is the literary society of the college. Since its formation it has been very active to build up the intllectual growth of the students. Due to this socity the college was able to win many prizes and awards at the national level in speeches, naats, compitition etc. Among its best speakers were Professor Khalid Mahmood, Ishtiaq Ahmad, Muhammad Babar Jamil. This has been made pssible by the huge efforts of Professor Khalid Mahmood, Dr Akhtar Hussain Azmi, Professor Mian Saeed Ahmad and Professor Ikram Ul Haq.
The College has an excellent faculty to provide quality education to its students. It includes;
- Muhammad Anwar Chaudhri MA (Economics), Principal
- Dr Muhammad Aslam Sarohi Ph.D (Urdu)
- Mian Saeed Ahmad MA (Islamic Studies)
- Syed Jaffer Hussain M.Phill (Persian)
- Khawar Khursheed Ph.D( Education)
- Qamar Subhani M.Sc (Chemistry)
- Dr Ejaz Nadeem Ph.D (Persian)
List of notable alumni
- Professor Abdul Jabbar Shakir, Director General, Dawah Academy, IIUI, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Professor Dr. Altaf Ur Rehman Barque, Ex-Chairman, Department of Animal Nutrition, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- Professor Khalid Mahmood, Department Of English, Govt Islamia College Civil Lines, Lahore
- Engr Saleem Shahzad, Process Engineer in Fatima Fertilizer Company Pvt.Ltd ( Pakistan Largest Fertilizer Complex ) Sadiqabad District Rahim Yar Khan.
Miss Noreen (Vice Principle Of PUNJAB COLLEGE)